Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Little Entrepaneur

Jacee has been begging me all summer to do a lemonade stand - so I finally relented and off she went! I of course wanted to make a cute sign on the computer, but no, she wanted to handle everything herself. She made flyers and distributed them around the neighborhood. I thought they turned out pretty great. She hauled her little table out to the road, got the muffin tin to put her coins in, found the dixie cups under the bathroom sink, and made the lemonade. Well, I made her taste test it first and after she did that, she did let me help make another pitcher. (She just put in a spoonful of suger - afterall - if that's good enough for Mary Poppins, who is she to change it!)

She got a handful of customers and had a great time. She did spend all her earnings when the icecream truck came around. She bought one for her and a friend. We don't buy anything from the icecream man - EVER - so when I told her she could spend her own money...she did!

Tomorrow, we are making cupcakes for a cupcake stand she wants to put up after school. We think it will go pretty well. Her big dream is to buy a cotton candy machine. She thinks that will be a big seller! (I think she has a little bit of Uncle Steve in her!)

Sure do love ya Sis!

3 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Way to go Jacee! We would have bought a glass of your lemonade if we'd been there. And the cupcakes sound yummy, too.
And everyone should have a memory of getting ice cream from the ice cream truck once in their life.
Love, Grampa 'n Grama Mission

Jogusboy said...

Awesome! Hey, could you mooch me some of her new bestsellers, they sound pretty good. JUST KIDDING!

Good luck to her and all of her bussiness ventures!

Jen said...

Sounds like fun! I love when they get and idea and take care of it themselves. Then it really is theirs.