Tuesday, November 10, 2009

10 Years - Can You Believe It?


Yep, it's been ten years since John and I had our whirlwind romance and got married! It was the best anniversary we have had. John planned the entire thing and was full of surprises - it was wonderful! We started out with a couples massage that was just pure heaven (with a few moments of pain but well worth it!) And then headed off to SLC to our hotel. We stayed at the Peery Hotel - it is 100 years old and right down town. We loved staying at this "historic landmark." We had reservations and a small Italian restaraunt, but deemed the service unbearable so we stormed out never to return! Ok - so we quietly left...John can tell you the story later. We ended up at Olive Garden and it was delish!

In our room - John had pre-arranged to have 10 red roses with lilies waiting when we arrived - they get more beautiful everyday as the lilies open.

He also got me my favorite perfume, which I have been out of for about 18 months, and some un-mentionable from VS! He also designed a vinyl sign that has my favorite saying - Live Life Joyfully. What a modern man I have.

After dinner, we went dancing and then back to the hotel. We slept in until about 9:30am. I don't even remember the last time I slept in - that might have been the best part of the weekend for me! Then off to breakfast and home to these three wonderful darlings.

A big thanks to Grama and Grampa, Steve and Nat, and Gary and Kathy for tag-teaming with the kids while we were gone. It sure is nice to know they are being loved and taken care of. And thanks honey - it was the best anniversary yet! Love you!

7 comments:

SAYDA said...

Congratulations! What a romantic evening.John is so good to you.

SAYDA said...

AND THOSE THREE LITTLE ONES ARE THE CUTEST!

Jen said...

I'm jealous. we didn't do anything for our 10 this year. I was to fat and pregnant.. maybe next year, just maybe!
oh if you want my blog to update on your side bar just take me off and put me back on.

Brewer Bunch said...

WOW -that sounded amazing!!! Go John, Go - what a man!! I'm so glad you had so much fun! Congrats on a Decade of marriage! Love ya!

Walt and Eileen said...

Here we thought you two were getting to do the San Diego Temple get-a-way. But what a special anniversary it turned out to be!
Glad you could have an over-night get-a-way.
Love, Mom & Dad - Argentina

Cindy Staley said...

Congrats Julie! That's why Steve had Jack on Friday night! We saw him at a soccer game and I recognized Jack right away but forgot to ask Steve why he had him :-) so nice to have a night off, good for you and happy anniversary!

Lori Steadman said...

Good for you. That was a lot of planning. Don't know if I could pull it off.