Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Girl's First Ballgown

I will never forget the day my parents bought me my first ballgown. I put it on and just did twirls in front of the mirror. I think I even did some homework in it because I could not bear to take it off.

And when I watched my daughter put on this ballgown, I saw all the emotions I felt that first time reflected in her eyes.

What is it about a beautiful dress, with lots of feathers and rhinestones, and with a huge skirt that will endlessly twirl?

We are pretty lucky to get ballgowns from my sister to use for my daughters very first ballroom dance team routine. I can't believe she is actually old enough to be on a ballroom team!

I am excited for many more years of feathers and rhinestones to come. And may she never get sick of twirling - just like I never did when I tried on my second ballgown...and my third...and well you get the idea!

3 comments:

Lori Steadman said...

Many more sequins and feathers to come, I predict.
Note to Julie: go to Ed of Miss H blogpost on the scriptures and notice how she describes herself as "a humble pubic school teacher." Sometimes one letter can make a difference

Q said...

She looks fabulous, good luck!

SAYDA said...

She looks so beautiful! Wish I could see her dance.