Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fun to have Brothers

I have spent the past two weeks sorting through boxes and boxes of my mother's pictures. If you know my mother, you know what a task this was. I thought I would be efficient and get the task done fairly quickly, but what I didn't count on was the walk down memory lane.

One thing I know for sure -I sure love my family and I'm so grateful for the childhood and life I have had because of them.

Now, these pictures were actually sent from my big brother. We are only 16 months apart. We have been through some pretty good times together. I have made his life rough, but he seems to always stick by me and support me - even when I had big hair! I am lucky.

As I watch my children play, I can't help but be grateful that they love to be together and have fun playing together. I hope they stay close and are able to be friends when they have families of their own -that is the best gift.


I'm sure being only 16 months apart - my brother didn't get to be the baby for very long. I might have stolen some of his thunder. I think he did pay me back (dent on my forehead).

And talk about an amazing mom. Now...we are children #4 and #5 of seven - so it's not like it was just the two of us for her to look after. She is amazing and I'm grateful for all the stuff she was willing to do for us - especially stuff like pudding art!

You really can't blame him - I was a pain - and probably still am! Love you Dave and thanks for the fun pics!

1 comment:

Walt and Eileen said...

Wow...these bring back fun memories! We loved having 7 children....fun to see these fotos of #4 & #5. Love, Mom & Dad