Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jackson is Seven!

 I can't believe my little boy is seven.  He is such a wonderful boy, I don't think there is a sweeter boy on the planet - and I'm lucky he belongs to us!  Here we are at his birthday breakfast.  

 This was the year of the weapons.  Double sword that comes apart to make two swords, a killer hatchet and a transformers mask from Grama A.

 We took him AC for lunch.  Here he is with two buddies - Carson and Wesley.

 Instead of a cake he wanted cupcakes and thanks to daddy, mom now has a thingy to frost them with.  Fun!


 Did I mention it was the year of the weapon?  We made marshmallow guns for the birthday party and then had a marshmallow war.

 I just wanted him to make marshmallow guns, but in his usual fabulous way - John gave them enough parts to make two different kinds of guns.  It was great!
 Of course we had to have protective eye-gear! 

 Here they are in the "safe way to have a marshmallow war" seminar.


 Let the war begin!



 We found very quickly that they wanted to remake and remake their guns in different configurations - something that my girly mind didn't even consider.  I guess I should have wised up when John was making the prototype and had to show me 80 million different ways you could make a marshmallow gun.

 Even Grama got in on the action - she even did a double marshmallow shot!

 Jack blowing out candles.

 Jack and Sammy showing off their guns.

Overall, it was a fabulous party.  Jack had a ton of fun and just enjoyed the day.  Sometimes I look at my little boy and realize he is not so little anymore.  I am enjoying the stage he is in right now, but some days I long for those warm cozy days where I would just sit and rock him for most of the day.  I love this guy!

3 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Jackson, seven, and heaven! We love you, too, Jackson!
Love, Grama 'n Grampa PetersEn - San Salvador

Dave and Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I've decided you guys are the coolest parents in history!!! Marshmallow guns??? LOVE IT!!! :)

Q said...

Love the marshmallow guns (and the seminar)!