Sunday, June 29, 2008

Off we go

These are pictures that Jacee requested we take. John and I are going on a min-pioneer trek this week and she wanted a picture of us so she wouldn't forget us.

John thinks the one of Jack and myself is pretty funny - same cheesy smile!

(So I can't figure this out yet, it could be I'm distracted by crying children - the pictures are at the bottom of the blog.)

It's always hard to leave them overnight. I think this will be the longest we have ever left them. I know they will be fine, but Jack is sick and Maddie is teething. I just struggle with not being the one to rock and comfort them when they are sick and feeling blue. There really is something special about the mommy-child bond. There is a reason we mothers are the ones who are suppose to stay home to nurture and take care of our children. My husband is such a wonderful father, but I'm especially glad I'm the stay at home parent when he tells our crying one-year old daughter, "Now that's enough!" But then I am so lucky that he honors his priesthood and I can watch as he tenderly lays his hands on our childrens' heads.

We sure are gonna miss our little monkeys and glad we have Gramas and Grampas to help take care of them.

Here's hoping we don't run in to too many rattle snakes!

No comments: