Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Visit With Grama

My children and I went to visit my Grama A at her new place in Salt Lake. Jacee seems to have a special connection with her. She prays for her everynight and asks about her a lot. Maybe it is because she is a "Beth" named after her Grama A.

Maddie loved the little end table with the tiny chair. It was just her size. She spent most of her time sitting here and re-arranging the things on the desk.

Jacee and Jack discovered the magic chair. It works by remote control and it lies back, puts up a foot rest, and raises up really, really high. Grama got a kick out of watching them play on it.

We have had a good visit. She wasn't sure she wanted to leave her house in Gooding and come to the assisted living home, but I think she is use to it now, and kinda likes it - maybe? Seems to change a lot. We're glad to have her a little closer and can see her. Family is what it's all about.

4 comments:

SAYDA said...

What a sweet grandma. That is so great that you live closer to her. I bet she loves your visit with the children. Those recliners are fun. I even like to play with them.
Karen is the Activities chairman.

Miss you Julie!

Love you,
Sayda

I have a funny story for you. It has to be told in person though.

waltandeileen said...

Oh, thank you for going to see Mom. She looks good. I haven't seen a photo of her since the one Vickie took when she fell and her face was bruised.
I'm so glad the kids had a good time with her and her chair. Janice got her that chair for Christmas before last because it was hard for her to get up.
Thanks for blogging this.
Love, your Mom - Argentina

waltandeileen said...

P.S. That little telephone stand was in my Grama & Grampa Huffaker's home...so from Maddie's g-g-gp, to g-g-gma, to g-ma (me), you, and Maddie it goes 5 generations back! Wow!
Love again, Mom/Grama Mission-Argentina

Aubrey said...

Sounds like fun!