Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm in Denial

Wow - I have been putting off this post. I can't believe my baby has started pre-school. I join the neighbor hood preschool and this year we didn't start until October, which was actually fine with me. I almost didn't put her in it. If we don't have another baby - this is it. My youngest starting school. It makes me a little sad. It seems with Jacee I was gung-ho to put her in everything but now that I know how fast the time flies, I just enjoy Maddie being at home. There's time enough for all the activities in the future.

She wanted a picture by both the witch and the scarecrow. The scarecrow was outside and she could barely open her eyes for the pic. I tried to shade her but you can see it didn't work so well.

I have discovered she's going to be that child that is wonderful for everyone else, but a stinker for me when I'm the teacher. Yep, she has been sent to her room for a time-out every time I have taught so far. Good times!

Love you Maddie, try not to grow up too fast. Mommy loves you.

3 comments:

Q said...

Crazy, I can't believe Maddie is in preschool either! Good luck with the teaching!

Nat said...

aren't we all in denial! it just goes too fast. carter was just talking about his double digit birthday party. :( i can't believe how sad that makes me and how excited i was when kelsey reached that age. how our perspective changes as we get older. love maddie's pictures. she does look pretty grown-up.

Walt and Eileen said...

And we will always remember Maddie as that darling 8-mo old to 1 1/2 y-o when you lived with us before our Argentine mission...