Saturday, November 13, 2010

Leaves, Leaves Everywhere!

Here is my fabulous daughter who has been posing for pictures her entire life. Even as a baby she would pose. Right now she is into the "pensive" phase. (Looks like she needs a new pair of leggins.)


Anyway...we had a great weekend last week. My nephew was baptized so we got to hang out with family. We always wait for the leaves to fall from the giant trees by the pool. We had been watching them for days - and they finally fell! We took a couple of rakes and had a grand time. Jacob and Jacee were more interested in climbing the trees but Abby, Isaac, Jack and Maddie loved raking up the leaves and then jumping in them. It was nice and warm so we didn't even need jackets. All in all, a perfect Fall day!

Yep - posing mid-jump!

Maddie getting in on her jump. There were smiles as I took it - 2 seconds later there was one mad face and one delighted face. Maddie seems to thrive on pushing people's buttons.

Abby had a great jump and slide. (Notice Maddie in the background trying to get in on it again.)

This one might be favorite pic of the day. Right now, John has to use my camera everyday to take pics of houses - so I am stuck with the camera on my phone. It's not bad except the shutter speed is horrible. It can take anywhere from 1-5 seconds, so getting an action shot is tricky. He's the only one I actually got in mid-air. Love it!

Did I ever mention I have a nephew that's part monkey? And this is not the highest he climbed that day.

I always love the pics with just the face showing. What's a day of playing in the leaves without getting buried?

Maddie's shot.

For some reason Jackson always looks kinda like a zombie when I take this pic - he's done it for years.

Cute Abby.

I would like to say Maddie is going for the pensive look like Jacee - but no - she is just mad because I wouldn't let her crawl over the fence to play with the leaves that were in the street.


I love this "before" shot.

And the "after".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun! what a cute family :)

Q said...

Love the fall, especially all the leaves to play in. (And it's even better when they are not in your yard)!

The Turman's said...

Oh to be a kid again! Looks like they were having a great time!

Brewer Bunch said...

What a fun day! Our new house only has tiny trees, so we missed out on the big huge piles this year, so sad!! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Walt and Eileen said...

Timeless, universal fun!
Love, Grama 'n Grampa Mission -
I D A H O