Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So, I finally decided to do something with my kids that was a little school-esque. We made a Thankful tree this November. I told them they had to put one leaf on everyday of something they were thankful for, they did a little bit more than that! It was nice to have this daily visual reminder that we are surrounded by blessings and all we have to do is look for them. Maddie mostly just drew circles or mo-mucks on hers. I plan to save the leaves and we can look back at each year's blessings. It was a fun November activity. (I have a computer file full of December ideas - haven't done any of them yet!)

2 comments:

Q said...

That is an awesome idea! You have those teaching skills, who better to use them on than your kids, right?

Lori Steadman said...

Mo-mucks? My English is not up to speed here.