Thursday, August 11, 2011

Off They Go

I went home to help my mom and dad pack up and drive them to the airport. We worked pretty hard all day. We all took a break on the stairs and didn't seem to get back to work very quickly. It always is a daunting task to get them ready to go, but we do it, and they go...


4am - time to leave for the TF airport.

My mom was very good this time and followed all the rules. One was that you could not take a purse if you were carrying on a laptop. Well, we got there and all the other women had purses with them. My mom had packed hers and they were already whisked away with her luggage. The only thing I had in my car was a "U" bag. Here she is transferring her stuff into her make shift purse. When you are desperate, even a "U" Bag will do.

She told me she carried it with the "U" facing the inside most of the time, except the layover in SLC. She figured it was ok there.

My dad trying to work out VISA problems. It seems there is something wrong everytime they fly out of Twin. Luckily this was easily solved and did not cause too much stress.

My mom waving goodbye once she passed through security.

Finally getting ready to go.

I have missed them so much. We haven't really figured out the phone thing so I've only talked with them once. I can't wait to see them next week. I love and miss them so much!

1 comment:

Walt and Eileen said...

Hey, fun post. Dad's looking quite sad in that photo at 4am at our front door.
Julie, thanks again for helping us get off on time and sane.
Love, Mom & Dad.
P.S. We're so excited for you and your two sisters to be here next week for the dedication.