Thursday, July 24, 2008

Firsts



We had a big day of firsts at the Snake River yesterday. Jacee water skied on the ski board yesterday. We had quite a discussion leading up to the actual skiing. She wanted to know if I was scared when I first went on the ski board -yes! She wanted to know if even though I was scared, and my dad said to just do it, did I do it - yes! So, I felt I had talked her into it just a little bit, and as she was sitting at the edge of the dock as the boat was pulling away saying she didn't want to do it - I almost made John turn the boat around. But he didn't and she popped right up and went around the entire island. This is the expression she had the entire time. Afterwards she told me she was happy inside and she wanted to smile - she just couldn't.


Here is Mikayla driving the boat for the first time - which is great except I am on the tube with Maddie for her first tube ride - not so excited about that situation. John took over the wheel again and all was well!

Here is Mikayla on water skis for the first time - she got right up and had a great time.

3 comments:

Brewer Bunch said...

Wow -
those pictures blasted me back so many years! Jacee's picture is priceless!! How fun to see all of the fun pictures. I so hope we get to see you again soon!
Love you!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! Jacee's expression is so cute! I can't believe she can water ski! She is so little! I would be scared to death.
Sayda

Chel said...

I love Jacee's expression! Classic!
So, Taylor's comment after seeing the boating photos was, "Mom, are we moving to Idaho next week?" She thinks having to wait until next summer sounds waaayy too long!