Thursday, February 26, 2009

Girl's Night

It's so fun to have girlfriends! Here we are at the Albion Cafe for a little birthday dinner. We have three birthdays in February - Trista, Jan, and mine. We are not really into the day-to-day kind of thing so it's wonderful to get together once a month and our one weekend in the summer to catch up and just enjoy the friends we have been since Jr. High!

Well - Trista and I have been friends since - I don't remember a time we weren't. I remember going to her house and playing with her Holly Hobby EZ Bake oven, and then we went skiing almost every weekend in the winter during elementary school.

I think the hub our little blueberry group is Emy. She is the one that brought everyone together and keeps us together. She brought me in during Jr. High. They mis-spelled my name so I got the bottom locker under her (Emy Peterson - then) and she kept dropping things on my head. I think she felt sorry for injuring me so often, so pretty soon we were fast friends.

I think Emy was all ready friends with Jan and Cindy from 6th grade. I don't know how Jennifer came in - I do know Jen and I were best friends in 8th grade because of athletics. I spent a lot of time at her house and was always envious she had double doors to her bedroom.

Stacie moved in the summer before 8th grade and was in Trista's ward. They became best friends and so Stacie was automatically part of our group.

Kim was our latest edition - she moved in the summer before our Jr. year. She and Emy met and there you go.

It has been fun to live here with some of the Blueberries - but sad we don't see each other very much. Amazing that even though we are all the same age - we are at such different stages of life. Wish we could see each other more and just hang out - but hey - life happens!

Love you gals! Can't wait for the summer get together!

3 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Burley Blueberry Girls--You are one unique, wonderful group of friends. It was so fun to have Stacie's article about your lasting friendships.
Love, From the home owners of the house where all you could find to eat late at night was a box of blueberry muffins...creating a legacy name!
Love ya all - Los Petersens - Arentina

SAYDA said...

I'm glad you get to spend time with your dear friends from time to time. That is great! That is so neat how you all live close by.
Love, Sayda

kimmik said...

How fun to see US. A group of no nonsense women, moms and wives, but in this case friends. Here's to bb muffins and kind girlsfriends. It's true Emy is the central link! "An ode to Emy"...coming to a blog near you...
Do wish though that you would have called me to help when you were sick. I didn't know until it was post-sickness. Sorry!