Monday, February 22, 2010

It has just been a hard three weeks. I am paddling upstream - without a paddle. I am tired, I am grouchy, my house is a mess, my kids are off kilter, and I'm pretty much useless, and Maddie just walked in with a ziplock back of cheese - don't ask me how she got the ziplock bag and at this point I don't even care.

Recently, the home we were living in sold (which we knew it was for sale - so not really out of the blue) and we had to move within a matter of days. This all was happening as we were driving to Idaho for Rachel's funeral. So, I had spent some time with my friend at Primary Children's Hospital, I had planned a had a HUGE combined activity for YM/YW, drove to Idaho, packed up the house, moved, still fulfilled my calling in YW, organized and had a Valentine's party for Jacee (I'm the room mom), still tried to unpack, went to Idaho to put some things in order for my parent's arrival in March, still tried to fulfill my calling, still tried to unpack...notice in this paragraph there is nothing about trying to be a good mother and wife.

Is it time to leave for Disneyland yet? The kids and I need a vacation from this life!!!


3 comments:

4kidsandcrazy said...

Wow! Sounds like you have had an incredibly busy month! I like the can we go to Disneyland approach. Hope that works out for you.

Q said...

Hang in the Julie, March is just around the corner, which means a little more sunlight, a little nicer weather, and possibly even some tulips will pop out of the ground!

Anonymous said...

Oh man I will not complain about how busy I am. Hang in there it will get better, and I bet you have been a wonderful wife and mother!