Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Great Day

After reading about my poor pathetic life from the last post, I better tell you about one great day I did have amidst all this chaos...my birthday!

It just so happened it was a slow week for John at work so he could take the day off - and he did! We started with the traditional donutes and chocolate milk - but this year I got them in bed (and they were from the Lehi Bakery so I would have eaten them in a ditch). And John even got me the "slimy" chocolate milk - as he calls it. Jacee and I call it the BEST chocolate milk.

He helped Jacee get ready for school and then drove her there. He proceeded to call Aunt Kathy to take Jackson and Maddie so we could go on a little shopping spree without children. I got a few shirts, some jewelry and some un-mentionables and then it was Cafe Rio - my fav!

At home he continued to be doting and tried to keep the kids out of my hair. It was just a nice fun relaxing day at home. Not a bad way to spend the first day of my last year being in my 30s.

Thanks honey - it was a great day that I really needed. You are the best! Love you.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You'll get it all done. YOu are an amazing person... just breathe and now that this too shall pass.

Walt and Eileen said...

What a fun birthday! You do have a jewel of a husband. We, too, love John.
And, hey, put Grampa Mission to work helping unpack boxes tomorrow when he arrives....after he has a chance to shower and nap after his 23 hours from leaving our Buenos Aires apartment to landing in SLC 3:20pm our time--11:20your time.
Can't believe he's accompanying a post-op missionary home just 2 weeks and a day before we finish this 18-mo mission.
Love, Mom - Argentina

Brewer Bunch said...

Ahhhh, what a sweet hubby!! It sounds like your birthday was so much fun!
I can't wait to see you next month!!

Love you!