Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Almost Can't Believe It

The lights dim, the anticipation for the music to start is evident on the dancer's faces as they await the music to start. They listen for their cue. The lights come up, and onto the stage they go.

I have performed in many, many concerts and I have directed so many children it is almost too numerous to count. But this time - it was my daughter.

Six years ago my husband and I decided to take a long-awaited break from directing our own teams to raise our children. We always said when Jacee was old enough, we would start a team again so she could dance. Well...she kept reminding me she was old enough - so we did it.

Our first year of the Saratoga Ballroom Company was a huge success. We had 30 dancers and they did a fabulous job. We did three shows in four days - whew! I think the kids all had a great time and I'm so glad we did it - even with all the costume drama and sewing on feathers last minute - we made it!

Jacee had fun with two cousins from my side - Kimble and Carter.

And one cousin from John's side - Tayler.

You can probably imagine the fun we had when 15 boys had swords to play with! Good times!

Thanks everyone for all your hard work.

And there is nothing like watching your own child dance - even if it is through a mist of tears.

2 comments:

Q said...

Way to go! I didn't realize that Kimble & Carter were also dancing. I bet that's so fun to have them in your group with Jacee!

Jen said...

congrats to you all. It is hard to watch our babies grow up and do things we can remember doing and thinking we were all grown up.