Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yep, I'm 40!

On my birthday, there was a knock at the door - and when I went to answer it there was no one there but an arrow (made out of dr. pepper cans) on my doorstep. It was pointing to...

The number 40 made with dr. pepper cans on my drive way - who could have asked for more - 40 cans of dp when I turn 40 - love it!

Thanks Steve and Kimble - one of the best birthday presents ever!

I did have a great birthday. It started the night before with a bowling party with some friends. Then off to the Survivor premier that had the BEST tribal council ever - I think just for my birthday. The next morning we had donuts from Lehi Bakery and then lunch with some girl friends at Kneaders. At lunch, they gave me a present of a girls night out - skiing and then an overnighter in Park City -complete with hot tub! Can't wait!

I also got a 2 liter of dp from my friend and gift certificate for a fill on my nails! Perfect timing as they had grown out so far I was almost going to start prying them off! A yummy edible bouquet was delivered from the blueberries that was pretty and delicious. My YW made a flag and hung it at my house that had a HUGE 40 on it - so no keeping my age a secret in our neighborhood! Got a lot of phone calls, texts, and fb bday wishes - I sure felt loved.

John did have to work that night (hence the bowling party the night before) but I took the kids swimming so they all went to bed early and I had some quiet time.

All in all a GREAT birthday.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Have to say my husband has gotten a lot of mileage out of telling people I'm 40 and he's still 36. What can I can - he obviously married "up" in more ways than one! Love you honey!

5 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Dr. Pepper! You have some great friends! Love it.

Q said...

Sounds like a great birthday, happy birthday from us too!

Brewer Bunch said...

Happy Happy Birthday (again!). Love you!

Walt and Eileen said...

40 is the new 30...and life is still just beginning...from two who turned forty 32 and 37 years ago! Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

There is no way that you can be 40, Julie! No way!! Do love the Dr P cans tho. Steve - you can stop by my house anytime with those!