Friday, July 22, 2011

My Man

Sometimes I just have to shake my head at my luck that I got my man. He is amazing. Here he is by the fire he started with just his knife...that's right folks...no matches at all. For Father's Day, my sister was getting her husband this crazy camping knife and suggested I do the same for my hubby. Well, a better gift was never given. In fact, he had hooked it to his belt to wear to church on Father's Day. Luckily it didn't quite make that appearance.

Since then the knife has been used on many occasions, a few of them to create sparks while sitting in the lounge chair - not smart but who can stop the boyful-glee that is on my husband's face when he is "playing" with his knife.

Right now my husband and children are up in Provo Canyon camping. It all happened very quickly so when I went up for just the fire pit, there were a few essentials missing. I have been teasing my husband that I don't really know who I was camping with because that NEVER happens. He is always prepared not only for our families needs, but for everyone who goes with us as well.

But alas, I know I truly don't have to worry because my children will be safe because they are with my husband and his camping knife.

Love you buckets can't wait to see you tonight.

PS this post brought to you courtesy of Jen.

2 comments:

SAYDA said...

Camping! I can't wait for our summer camping! Away from the rest of the world. That sounds like quite the knife. All men need one of those.

Q said...

Great guy, we miss you both!