Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gem State

Sigh...I'm missing it again.  Gem State.  I have so many fond memories of this competition.  The first comp that I took my first team from the first Elementary School Ballroom program in Utah.  The bonding and fun times with my High School team.  But mostly it is just fun to be with my sister and her family. We're kinda kooky, not every one gets our sense of humor, our husbands look at each other knowingly and roll their eyes.  
When John gets to got to Gem State, he takes Jacee.  She and Ashley are twins separated in heaven. They are blondies with an affinity for goofiness.  They run around and have a grand time.
Meanwhile, John is working hard, laughing, and having a great time.  Don't get me wrong, it is HARD work.  Just to give you an idea of the scope of this comp...this year they had over 900 dancers registered.  Yep, it's awesome!
Also this year, three of our former PG students were there with their own HS Utah teams.  We always said what a great experience it was and now we know our dancers thought so too.  You see, there is now a comp right in Utah county the same week but these three wonderful coaches remembered our fabulous time at Gem State and want that for their dancers too.
Anyway, I have things to do but just am missing my husband, daughter and the Fishers.  

2 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

We know how busy John is helping MC and many other things at the Gem State Classic ballroom comp...so it is very sweet that he sent a photo to you of the "twins."

Janie said...

Gem State is not the same without you. But, I have less repenting to do when you're not here -- I don't mock the costumes or the dancers half as much. (No one to comment with on the "lee" collections... Ug, Gris and Home).