Friday, August 24, 2012

Miss Independent Maddie

Oh what do you do with a child that likes to do things herself?  She likes to pick out her own clothes, do her own hair, fix her own cereal.  There is seldom a time she asks for help.  I am trying to convince John this is a good thing that will serve her well in life.  It is just hard when she is clean and dressed and she still looks like a waif because her clothes choice may not be what you would like and she had figured out how to  put her hair in a pony tail  - kind of. 

 Well, a few Sundays ago she let me help her pick out her Sunday out fit and she let me curl her hair.  WOWZA!  She looked to darling.  (Truth be told, Jacee has figured out she holds power over Maddie and if Jacee suggests something, Maddie is on board such as:  I think your hair would look so cute if mom curled it...etc.)

Anyway, it was nice to have her all cutey - tooty for church but I must stay, I will take her independent spirit any day over a baby gap ad child any day.

I love this girl!  (But thanks for the help Jacee - it is nice to have her like this once in a while!)

No comments: