Friday, August 22, 2008

Day One - Complete and Utter Failure

So, I decided I had to be a little more pro-active and actually try to potty train Jackson - instead of him just doing it himself. I tried the salty snack and sugary drink method (so he would be thirsty, drink alot, and therefore provide lots of opportunities to go in the potty). Well....we were 0 for 6 ( and that included two poopies). He could care less. He thinks it's fun to sit on the potty and flush but that's as far as it goes...we'll see what a new day brings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Little Richie was doing the same thing. Hope you did ok with school starting and letting somebody go. I bet she's loving school. She is a doll!
Sayda

Brewer Bunch said...

I am with you in the trenches on this one!! The only 'hit' we have had with Ben is when I just stripped him down and sat him on his little potty for 2 hours - watching movies, playing with the ball, etc. He went accidentally, and it even surprised him. All of the cheering, dancing, celebrating in the world didn't seem to hit home, however, and we are back to diaper land again. AUGGGG!!!! I'll have to try your salty/sweet drink combo and see if that helps on our end. Oh the joys of potty-hood!!