Sunday, March 29, 2009

Jacee's Dance

We went to Utah this past weekend for Jacee's first dance competition that was not a ballroom competition. She loved it! When we got there, we first went to the auditorium and then the gym. Teams would be competing in both locations. When we walked into the gym I could see her countenance drop just a little as she asked, "Mom, are we dancing in here?" I told her no, she would just be in the auditorium and she beamed and gushed, "Mom, I just love dancing on stage!" And boy does it show! I know I am just the proud mama, but she smiles and performs to the audience the entire time. She never looks around at her team mates to see what they are doing, she just dances!

She had a great time with her cousin Jasmine, who happened to be at the same competition. When Jasmine would dance, Jacee would cheer and clap loudly - she was so excited for her.

Both girls had smiles on their faces when they picked up their trophies, but their grins split their faces when Grama presented them each with a rose. How do Grama's know how to make little girls feel so special? We have been so blessed to live so close to both Gramas. I know our children will have a special bond with them the rest of their lives.

I just wanted to put in this picture of Maddie because I think it's so cute! I can't believe how grown up she is. She is two months older than Jacee was when Jackson was born. I can't believe our baby is not a baby anymore!

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I would love to watch Jacee Dance. I can just imagine all that personality shining through! And I can't get over how grown up your baby Maddy is? Is it time for another?

Jogusboy said...

How fun!! Kudos to her, I know she did a great job! How fun to be with her cousin and her grandma. And getting a rose, that's just the icing on the cake.

PS- Do you have a video of her dancing??! I would love to see it.