Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Endless Possibilities of Youth

Oh the joys of childhood - when your whole life is ahead of you and the possibilities are endless. For show and tell, Jacee's class was assigned to tell what they wanted to be when they grow up. She was deliberating between a singer, "because people like it when I sing," an artist, "because I just love to draw," and a dancer, "because I am just so good at dancing." Well, the day arrived and she went with dancer. I asked her to tell me some of the dreams the other children had.
An army guy, an artist, a gymnastics teacher, and alien catcher (hmmm...do you need a degree for that?) and my favorite - a clog teacher. (My favorite because of the conversation I had with Jacee about this one.) One of her friends said she wanted to be a clog teacher. Jacee asked what that was. I explained it was very fast tap dancing, and they wore white tap shoes not black. Whew - she was so relieved! She thought it was someone who went around and taught people how to unclog their toilets. She thought, "That's not going to be a fun because that's not a girlie life at all!" I love my nightly chats with her while we snuggle in bed. That is where I get most of the gems like this. Love you sis!

3 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Tell Jacee I think being a dancer sounds much better than a "clog teacher" anyway...whether or not it has anything to do with cleaning toilets.
Love, Grama Mission - down south, way down!

Jogusboy said...

That is tooooo funny!!!
I hope she had a fun career day.

SAYDA said...

Cute! I love her dreams of what she wants to be.