Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kindergarten Story

I have loved Jacee's teacher this year. She has had a wonderful experience in kindergarten. Jacee has written many stories this year, but one of the last assignments was to write a story that is at least two lines long and has a fingerspace between each word. Spelling did not count. This really gave Jacee some independence, because before she would only write a story when I was with her to tell her how to spell the words she did not know. Now she writes stories on her own, just sounding out the words and writing the sounds she hears. I love it! Here is the story she wrote for her assignemnt. I think it's pretty darling! Way to go Jacee!

3 comments:

Happy Days said...

This is so amazing for a kindergartener. The very sad news is that some of my 5th grade students still write like this. Tell Jacee she is doing awesome! :)

Jogusboy said...

That is an adorable story, Jacee. Continue writing, it is such a good thing to do throughout your life!

Love,
Josh

SAYDA said...

I can't believe she writes so well considering she is just in kinder. That is so sweet.

Julie... I don't want you to move. I've gotten so used to you. I am going to miss you so much.