Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mom and Dad's Visit


Mom and dad got to come home in October for some new temple president training.  How lucky for us they got to come a few days early!  We had most everyone come to our house because it is easier with Grama A if we are going to be up late to be here.  It was a wonderful visit, though much too short.  Everyone was enjoying the love - especially Jacee and Ashley!

 I love this picture.  When I think of my dad I think of a loving, happy man full of laughter.  He rarely smiles in pictures so when we get one of him laughing and smiling - we have captured a more true essence of him.  It just makes me smile to see him smile!
 We of course needed to do something to entertain the kids so we made jack-o-lantern jars.  Pretty easy - orange, black and green crepe paper stuck on with a little glue water.




 They turned out darling!  We have been doing this craft for a couple of years so I now have enough to line our sidewalk on Halloween.


Of course Grama A loved to visit with mom and dad.  She thinks they are pretty special - and so do I!

So glad you got to come visit - can't wait to see you in March.  You are coming in March right?

2 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

How did we get 3 blogs behind?
Don't know if we're coming in March or not. We hear the airfare is going way up.
Love, Mom - San Salvador

Q said...

So glad you got to have a few days with your parents. I love the jack-o-lantern jars. I'll have to try that next year.