Friday, September 11, 2009

She's Growing Up

Oh my baby Maddie....or rather...my not-so-baby Maddie. Today I was reminded a plethora of times that she is growing up. First - she is wearing big-girl panties (not quite accident free yet - but close). This is the first time in six and a half years that we have not had diapers in the house.

Next, she came outside to help me clean and she had on sock and shoes that she put on herself. Now, this might seem normal to most of you, but remember, I am still trying to get Jack to dress himself at age five - so I forgot that a two year old can actually be a little independent.

Later, I found her perched atop a stool, that she had dragged to the pantry, to get the cookie cutters of the TOP shelf (which she did successfully).

Then I asked if she wanted to go with me to pick up Jacee from school and her reply was, "No mom, I'll be ok here." WHAT?

I can't believe these little munchkins are mine and I get to share their lives. I love them so much, and can't believe how fast they are growing up. I just hope I'm building relationships with them that will get us through any hard times ahead. (How can I all ready be stressing about their teen-age years!)

Anyway...love my baby...who is not my baby any longer...but who will always be my baby. Love you Mad Dog!

1 comment:

waltandeileen said...

"No, Mom, I'll be okay here," isn't the 1 1/2 y-o darling g-dau we left last October! Can't believe she's so grown up now!
Love, Grampa 'n Grama Mission