Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Turning Five

I'm not really good at my blog - I just post pictures the normal way and write captions - I can't get this picture where I want it so you'll see the rest of the post at the bottom!

Well, he is actually five. That is always the age where, to me, they stop being your little one and start to really be a big kid. Except...he is still my little one. I get frustrated that he still wants me to get him dressed but I love that he still lets me kiss him. I get frustrated that he never wants to go to bed, but I love that he wants me to snuggle him. I get frustrated that he never wants to brush his teeth or hair, but I love when he runs in the room to show me how how handsome he is after daddy combs his hair. I hope that he contintues to grow up healthy and strong but pray that he never outgrows his momma. I love this little guy.

Playing can ball for the first time was a big hit, you need to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see the look on Jack's face!


He picked out a Wall-e cake...go figure.


He was very concerned that his excavator was put together correctly. When daddy wasn't using the directions - he brought them over and poured over them and checked daddy's work.


Good old King's in Burley. We found this for half off the normal price - everyone loves it (even daddy - I walked into the room to find daddy using the excavator to play with all the styrofoam pieces - picture at the top.)

5 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Now which one did you say was 5? Just kidding. Young and young at heart is always good!
We love this 5-y-o grandson!
Love, Grampa 'n Grama Mission

SAYDA said...

He is so adorable! I love his hair long like that. He will always be your baby. I love his little expression in that picture.

Hey at least Maddie did a good job on her hair from what I can see.

Block party tonight. I remember seeing you with your parents there when I didn't know you that well.Was it last year or the year before?

Brewer Bunch said...

Wow - 5 years old!! I can't believe how big he is getting! It looks like he had a blast... (especially with the t-ball set - that face is priceless!!). Looks like he had a fun day!

Chel said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!!! Loved your post---the give and takes of motherhood :) He's such a cutie!!

Nat said...

So fun! Thanks for including our boys in the fun. He is getting so big!