Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some Funnies

I realized I needed to be typing things my kids say so I can remember them later. Here are two from today:

J - how did you and dad decide to get married?
M - he saw me, thought I was beautiful and a good dancer and decided to marry me.
J- I'm worried I won't ever get married.
M - You will, one day you will meet a wonderful boy who goes to church and who you think will be a good daddy and you'll want to marry him.
J - but what if he smokes (hmmm, where did this come from?)
M - he won't, you'll find the right one and fall in love.
J - how will I know he will be the right one?
M - remember when we talk about the spirit? you'll feel it in your heart and you'll know. You'll probably have lots of boys that want to marry you, and you'll pick the right one.
J - he'll be like daddy, he works hard, he doesn't smoke(is it red ribbon week at school - she seems to be a little obsessed with the smoking?), and he tries to get money for our family.
M - yes, I hope you find one just like daddy.


Jackson is turning five tomorrow and he is so excited. While we were snuggling in bed I asked him how old he was going to be tomorrow. He took a moment to ponder the question (that I have been asking him a million times this last week - to which he always promptly answers five! but not this time.) I think I will be 100 he says with the biggest grin on his face. I love it when he teases me!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love when they ponder lives questions. Because no matter how small we are we all wonder what the future will bring.