Monday, September 6, 2010

Down with Window Wells

I'm grateful to have a basement. It means we have a place to put all of our "stuff" and all of the kids toys. But we have been having some "stuff" show up in our window wells and I think I am now officially freaked out. First, I found a snake in one of them. I was cleaning out leaves and reached down to pick up this funny looking leaf - and it was a coiled up snake! Then we have had two mice - who couldn't get out and now their little corpses are decaying in there as we speak. We've also had this HUGE frog, or toad , or whatever. The kids caught it and we put it in our old fish tank for a while. He did NOT like that. He was jumping so hard he about knocked the lid off the tank. I finally had John take him to the marina and let him out in the wild to fend for himself. What in the world will we find next?

1 comment:

Q said...

That is a huge toad/frog! We always got some great surprises in our window wells, but none like yours!