Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Let the Holiday Season Begin!



I use to be a firm believer in not decorating for Halloween until the first weekend of October. Well, I must admit I have succumbed to the commercial peer pressure that has been heaped upon me since the last week of August. My new tradition is that we will decorate the last Monday of September. We'll see how it goes in coming years.

My traditional "decorating hat".

John's main duty - putting up Harry the Spider and his web. We all love it and I'm so glad he's willing to do it year after year after year.

Maddie's favorite is getting out the costume box.

She is posed this way so I could capture the wings on film.

The witch hair is always a big hit. Jacee now is thinking about being a witch this year, or Cleopatra, or a bat fairy, or Galinda the Good Witch...the list goes on and on.

This is what I am hoping (trying to manipulate) Maddie into wearing this year. This is what Jacee wore when she was this age and I think it's so cute. Maddie has said she would be a witch if she gets to wear the long black witch wig. We'll see....

1 comment:

Brewer Bunch said...

Wow - you got to town on your decorating! I love it! I still don't even have regular decorations up in the house yet...
I love the bee costume - get her to wear that!