Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Copy Cat


I use to be a writer.  I loved English class.  I wrote a fabulous paper now and then.  I use to really care about being clever...now for some reason I don't.  As I got older and my life changed, my energies were focused elsewhere and some things just had to give.  So I guess the energy I used to use in writing was not to much a talent as hard work and I have traded that.  Those with a true talent for writing can write clever things while the timer is beeping on the stove signaling that dinner is ready, one child asking for help and another child just hanging on her.  I am not one of those.  So while I gravitate towards some of my favorite blogs with clever writing and wish I had the time and energy to write that way - I will settle for stealing ideas from the those blogs and call it good.  

One of my favorites if from my cousin Becky (is she my cousin?  second cousin?  Officially she is my cousin's daughter so whatever that is.)  We really have only spoken in person a handful of times, but I feel as if I know her.  And I feel as if I knew her in "real' life we would get along splendidly.  She is clever and talented and funny.  I'm lucky to be able to call her family - however extended.  

So, I am copying her latest entry - just filling in my answers.  If you want to read some clever writing - here is her blog.  Click here.


listening:
 to Jack play Lego Star Wars
eating:Dove Chocolates - love them!
drinking: DP of course...
weather: freezing
wanting: to do some home improvements...but where to start?
needing:to organize my recipes and try something new for dinner
thinking:  that my kids have grown way too fast...remember when they were all little and home all day?
enjoying:Pintrest...I've actually followed through on two things I have pinned!
wearing: my fuzzy sweats...they have John's approval
feeling:unsettled...when is the snow coming?  Are we going to get it from Feb - May?

2 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

We love your writing...anyway it is. We love your blog posts.
Thanks for giving Grama A a great quality of life as she struggles thru her 90's.
Thanks for posting her 93-b-d party from Sat, Jan. 14.
Love, Mom&Dad - San Salvador

The VIPs said...

I just barely saw this- thanks for the shout out! fyi- love your blog too