Thursday, January 19, 2012

This N That

 Well, we have been up to this and that since Christmas.  Here's a quick update.  The kids were out of school for MLK Day so we went to Creativity Studio to do some painting.
 Jack and dad painted an army tank bank.
 Maddie painted a heart box that she is going to keep her jewelry in.

 Grama thinks all my kids are artistic geniuses...I agree.
Jacee painted a fairy.  The owner of the studio was fascsinated with her.  He said, usually kids come in, slap some paint on and there you go.  Jacee was so meticulous with hers.  She could have spent another 1/2 on hers but we rushed her in the end to finish so we could go.  Which reminds me, we need to find some art classes for her...
 We've also been to the kids workshop at home depot.  Race cars and tool boxes this time.
 Now that mom has a new computer (dad's old one) the kids get their own (mom's old one).  Maddie is making the space her own by making a booster seat out of the regular seat - where does she get this stuff?
 I have discovered pinterest and was determined to not only find fun things - but actually try to do some of the things I have found.  I have never known how to french braid - here is my first attempt on Maddie - not bad.  Thanks Pinterest!

 And here is my second attempt - not as good but fun!  My husband sure does love me.  What a good sport!

Another pinterest find - glow in the dark bath time.  The kids had a BLAST!  Of course the glow sticks did turn into light sabers fairly quickly.

And that's what we've been up to so far this year.

1 comment:

Q said...

Pinterest sounds cool, I'll have to check it out!