Friday, January 13, 2012

The Party that was not a Birthday Party


 Sometimes Maddie is content to be at home with me, just the two of us and sometimes she is not.  The other day she announced she was going to have a party that was not a party.  She wanted pink cupcakes and to play games.  She made invitations and we took them around to her friends, and then they came.
 We started with cupcakes because Maddie had been looking at them all day and just couldn't stand it anymore.
 I had them all frosted but each girl got to put her own sprinkles on.  They actually did very well.  It's kinda weird to be at the stage where my kids don't douse their cupcake until it is just a pile of sprinkles.  My kids are growing up!
Maddie tends to get a little silly when her friends are around.  What do you do?  Most of the time I just go with it.  I mean - she's so stinkin' cute I just can't help but laugh.

It was a successful party and she is already planning her next one!

1 comment:

Walt and Eileen said...

What a fun party, Maddie. And then the next day was a real birthday party for your Great-Grama A who turned "92." But she said they should turn the numbers around to "29."
Love, Grama Mission - San Salvador