Friday, January 9, 2009

Red Letter Day! (Or should I say Yellow?)

So, after literally years of talking about it and a bunch of false starts - Jack has finally started to potty train. We went three days straight with no success. Day four didn't start out any better, but as I was teaching Jacee to tie her first pair of lace up shoes (of course I only had to show her once and then she tied the other shoe by herself - isn't she amazing!) I heard a little tinkling sound in the bathroom - sure enough - there was Jack on the potty - wahoo! And the bonus is Maddie is into it too - she sits on the potty as much as Jack does. Boy - what a day - FINALLY!

(The secret? I left him naked from the waist down. I learned he didn't care if he went potty in his underware, but didn't like it if it got on the floor. Don't worry mom and dad - we have URINE B GONE and have use it in ample supply. And luckily Jack didn't ever go under the piano - since that is the new fort.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm back for a little while. I missed all the updates. Congrats on little Jackson. Jacee too with her shoe laces! I bet Maddie will be potty trained real soon too.

As far as the white clothing, I've heard bleach yellows your clothing. When my sister came from Texas, some of my older garments scared her cause they were so yellow. She quickly went to the store and bought white vinegar and the laundry detergent called (Arm and Hammer... Activated baking soda deodorizer)They got so clean and white. Now I use a scoop of the baking soda detergent and a scoop of my regular detergent. There is also baking soda they sell with the cleaners that are large containers for washing laundry and cleaning.
Love ya friend!

Brewer Bunch said...

WAHOO!!! That tinkling sound is music to a mothers ears!!!

... we are now in the throws of 'night' training. I think I have washed the boys sheets and cover every single day this week... oh the joys!!