Friday, November 7, 2008

5-6-7-8!

Jacee had her first dance performance tonight. She is in the Munchkin group at Jennifer Sager's studio (same studio I took from when I grew up here.) She loves it and loves dancing. Her favorite part was the hair piece - she couldn't stop moving to make it bounce. Even in the car she would swing her head around to make it move. I can relate - I always loved the hair pieces - it's so fun to get all dolled up!


We did have some trauma putting eyelashes on. We finally took them off and on the way to the performance had a talk about doing something that might not be totally comfortable but needed to be done. We did put them on at the performance and they were the first things off when she was done.

John and I think she is the best one in her class of course. She new the entire dance and was on rhythm and didn't look at any of the other girls. Of course she practices her dances everyday! (Her teacher sent home a dvd for the girls to watch and practice with - very smart.)

Anyway - I think we are in the thick of it - she has another performance next week and then is a bon bon in the Nutcracker in December. I think next year it's going to be Pee Wee ballroom!

3 comments:

Jogusboy said...

Jacee, that's AWESOME!! I hope you Had sooooooo much Fun!

Chel said...

Way to go, Jacee! How could she not have perfect rhythm with you and John for parents! And Jennifer Sager's dance...that brings back memories...I still have the pics of Jen and I as candy canes for the Nutcracker in Twin.

Anonymous said...

She is a doll! I know when she is around me she is always dancing. That is great how much she loves to dance. I'm sure she was the best one. AND...the cutest one!
Sayda