Monday, November 10, 2008

Hero Tributes


I love this picture. This is John's family at our annual family reunion at the Cassia County Fair and Rodeo. I am always impressed with John's family because I think they "Live Life Joyfully!" It seems that even amidst hard times, joy can be found because of the faith we have in the Gospel. I think they have learned this trait from their mother. I have never met a happier, more joyful person. If it wasn't hard enough to give birth to and raise nine children, she has gone through other hardships as well during her life - yet she seems to always have a ready smile and a helping hand. This is for you Grama Binki - thanks for bringing joy into our lives!




A tribute to another hero in my life. If this picture doesn't sum up my brother Steve, I don't know what does. Only Steve would show off his milky white muscles to a super tan, super muscular Conan the Barbarian. I'm sure it didn't even enter Steve's mind that this man might appear to be his physical superior (and I'm sure still doesn't!) This is how my brother takes on life. I can do this, I can be the best, and no one will intimidate me or tell me otherwise. I look up to you Steve and am impressed with how you have lived your life. I love you and miss you more than words can say.

PS - and who else could wear those shorts with such confidence!

PSS - this is the best! Jacee was looking at the picture and said, "Mom, which one is Uncle Steve?" And she was still not convinced when I told her it was the white one. She still kinda thinks it is Conan!

2 comments:

4kidsandcrazy said...

What great tributes! We are often so quick to criticize it is nice to hear the good to. Thanks for reminding me.

4kidsandcrazy said...

Sorry that would be good too.