Thursday, April 16, 2009

Does this look like Spring Attire to You?

Here we are, mid-April, and this is what my kids are wearing when they go outside or go to school. There is something wrong with this picture!

I have almost packed up our winter hats and gloves more times than I can count, and something holds me back - could it be the weather forecasts?

Jack just loves being outside, so the snow does not deter him. He doesn't last very long, but he does make it outside everyday. He is more ready for warm weather than any of us - he is Grampa's Boy and just wants to be outside.

They were having lots of fun until Maddie fell. This was the very wet snow and she was immediately soaked to the bone. I put her in the tub to warm her up and then she had a huge nap. Playing in the snow can wear you out!

Hope the rest of you are having a warmer Spring than we are. I only have one daffodil in bloom and it's not looking like it's going to make it. I'm glad the rest of my flowers have stayed cozy in their buds so they are protected. We'll keep hoping warm weather comes!

4 comments:

Shelby Winterton said...

Terrell and I woke up to about 4 inches of snow here in Orem. Not much better here I am affraid.

The Peterson's said...

Not to rub it in but we went to to the pool yesterday and got nice and toasty! Come to Florida and we will warm you right up! ;-)

I tell ya it is still one of my biggest hesitations about moving home, I am really not a cold weather person!

McCoy wanted to say hi to his cousins too so please tell Jack and Jacee and "baby" Maddi Hi from cousin Mac. He said to save him some snow too. LOL

SAYDA said...

Tell me about the weather!!! I put a lovely Spring header on my blog and next morning we had a blizzard.

Thank you so much for the car. We drove like a king and a queen. It made it so much easier for Dick.
I need to post about it but I had a birthday tribute that got in the way.

I love you so much Julie. You are just too kind.

Aubrey feels so happy that Maddie finally got used to her. That is all she talks about. She said Maddie wouldn't let her put her down. That meant so much to Aubrey because usually little ones love her. It just took shy, little Maddie longer.

Jogusboy said...

I hear you! It's getting better here, though. Plus, there are be-yoo-ti-ful popcorn trees blooming everywhere, so I can't complain.