Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tender Moment (tears)

We have had a crazy week this week. Tuesday, Jacee had a dance practice and then a performance - she had to be at the school from 3:30-7pm. When I picked her up from school I had a peanut butter sandwich and milk for her to eat in the car and then I had some treats and a drink for her packed in her bag. As we were driving she said, "Mom, you are so good to me. Thanks for getting all these things for me - how did you know to do that?" I said, "I have been a dancer and know how long these rehearsals are." And Jacee said (tears), "And I bet your mom took care of you and always had treats for you and then she taught you to be a good mom." How do you reply when you are crying. "Yes Jacee, that is exactly right. My mom always took care of me and taught me to be a good mom."

I remember my mom getting up and having breakfast ready before early morning practices. She was always ready to run to the school with whatever we forgot and needed that day. I remember many times I would open my school locker and find a little treat or a note my mom left for me. Thanks mom for being such a good mom - and teaching me to be a good mom. I love you and miss you a lot.

5 comments:

4kidsandcrazy said...

Man, some moments make it all worth while! How sweet, and you do have a wonderful mom!

Mindy said...

That is so sweet! She is so thoughtful to notice all that you do for her. Things like that make it so worth being a mom!
Mindy

Brewer Bunch said...

How sweet is that? What a little cutie, and yes, I second your praise of an AMAZING mother who went WAY above and beyond the calling of motherhood!! (When I hit the wall sometimes in my own motherhood moments, I always think, "what would mom do?" and invariably, she would put the kids first and not let on how tired she was or how hard motherhood could be... truly amazing!)

SAYDA said...

What a sweet, sweet post. Jacee is so cute. I bet that made you feel so wonderful when she told you that. So little makes our little ones happy. You ARE such a great person Julie and I'm sure your children will be just as wonderful as you and your mom.

Walt and Eileen said...

I'm having a hard time typing through the tears.
As my sweetheart says: "It's easy to be good parents when we have such wonderful children."
But we won't know what kind of parents we were until we see how our grandkids turn out. So far, we're getting A+'s. Thanks kids and grandkids. WE LOVE YOU & MISS YOU but are where we need to be right now.
Time flies and we'll be back home, soon. Love, Mom - Argentina