Thursday, April 9, 2009

Whose Daughter is This?

So, I had Maddie completely dressed this morning and as soon as I was finished she marched into her room, stood in front of her closet for a few seconds with her hands on her hips, and then started going through her clothes. She would hesitate for a moment or two on a certain article of clothing, and then continue perusing her choices. She stopped at this shirt, looked at it, smiled, and then pulled it off the hanger. Off went her clothes that I had chosen and on went this. Then she watched me put a bow in Jacee's hair, promptly went and got two bows to put in her hair. As you may or may not know - I am not this picky - so where does she get it? As you may or may not know her dad is ULTRA picky! (Which, as I like to say, is a good thing - he did pick me after all!) So...here she is in the outfit and bows she picked herself. What is going to happen when she's a teen-ager? Heaven help us now!

4 comments:

Q said...

She's starting to exert some independence, how fun!

Walt and Eileen said...

OK, Like father like daughter...but this is also so much a "like mother, like daughter" moment. Who was our little girl who changed clothes...on her own, several times a day?! I think her name was Julie Beth Petersen/now Peterson. Hmmmmm.
Love from the mother who was there...now grandmother of this cutie in the two pink bows today.
Mom - Argentina P.S. Love the cover photo of Maddie Magoo, or as Grampa Mission calls her: "Matilda"

Jogusboy said...

I'm stumped, who's daughter is it??!

Just Kidding.

Hmmm. What IS going to happen two years from now.

PS- I'm typing this watching palm trees.

Shelby Winterton said...

yes. I can see where she gets it. I mean, john was late to early morning practices because he couldn't figure out what to wear. It was 6 in the morning, who cares!