Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Very WICKED Weekend

After much anticipation (around two years) and a few bad rhymes - the day had finally arrived! I was going to WICKED! I had made a few attempts (lottery in NYC, missed opportunity in LA) but it was worth the wait. I went with my in-laws and loved every minute of it! I don't think I would have had the same experience without "the sisters". My Mother-in-Law's family is quite the riot. I enjoy watching them together. They love each other, love to be with each other, and most of all - love to laugh! It was great!

Here they are in front of the Wicked poster. Obviously they were not prepared for the pose...


Here we are again and this is the first time "the sisters" have taken a picture with me. What's a picture without a pose? We had a grand time - and dad I didn't even break out in song.

I did love the play, but it is not my first choice. I don't know if you will always love the first play you go to or if Les Miserables is just that powerful. I don't think anything can really top it. I have seen it three times, and each time it is just as great.

But I did love Wicked - and go ahead and call me Galinda if you want to. I feel that role could have been written for me - if I could only sing. I have told John - I have the heart of a singer just not the voice - and sadly he never disputes that statement!

Anyway - It was a fabulous time - thanks to Tiffany and Grama for making it happen for me. I loved it and loved being with you!

4 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Galinda Beth , Love the pose, and your outfit...classy black with white! Sing your heart out...too bad you didn't burst into song during the performance...we loved it when we were with you at Les Mis in San Francisco.(or was it LA)
Love, Mom

Q said...

I'm with you on the heart of a singer, but not the voice! Brian says I can remember lyrics so well, they just don't sound to great coming out of my mouth! Looks like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

It was a wicked weekend. Turns out CrazyAuntKaren was our young women president's young women leader.

Jogusboy said...

This makes me even more excited! I'm going next week.

Hope you had a wonderfully wonderful time.